129: Taking the Waiting Around Out of Inpatient Rounds with Mike Pitt of Q-roundsPublished May 23, 2023
Run time: 00:35:02
How does a research project turn into a company with a story to sell? When “How does this not already exist?” is the overwhelming response to the idea.
CEO Mike Pitt shares the obvious need behind the development of Q-rounds, the complications around testing a product intended for hospital use, and why he hasn’t accepted the entrepreneur label.
In this episode, you will learn:
- How Q-rounds is solving the problem of time transparency in the medical field
- How the technology uses electronic health records (EHR) to get doctors, nurses, patients, family members, specialists, and even translators in the room at the same time
- Why the UI differs by user type
- Where Q-rounds is going next in sharing communication between providers and patients
- The complexity of testing workflows and IT in a hospital system
- Where Mike wishes they’d focused more research during the development of the technology
- How gBeta is a crash course for starting a business
- Why Q-rounds approaches sales as problem-solving
- Where Q-rounds sees potential for partnership integrations
- How Mike’s experience in academic medicine has given him agility in responding to feedback
This episode is brought to you by The Jed Mahonis Group, a digital product development agency run by developers, not salespeople. Learn why we think that makes all the difference at https://jmg.mn.
Recorded May 12, 2023 | Edited by Jordan Daoust | Produced by Jenny Karkowski | Hosted by Michael Roth
Email Mike Pitt | email@example.com
Q-rounds.com | https://q-rounds.com/
Q-rounds on LinkedIn | https://www.linkedin.com/company/q-rounds
Michael Roth on LinkedIn | https://www.linkedin.com/in/michael-roth-508772183/
Follow The Jed Mahonis Group on LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/company/the-jed-mahonis-group
Learn more about The Jed Mahonis Group | https://jmg.mn