128: Building Accessible Technology with Liz Tupper of CivicActionsPublished January 10, 2023
Run time: 00:58:56
Technology is a crucial component to living in today’s society, and Liz Tupper joins the show to explain why technologists like herself hold a powerful responsibility to build technology accessible to everyone.
She shares how even the most well-intended software often leaves people out, what challenges come with not thinking about accessibility from the beginning, and how her career path led to the creme de la creme of impact work.
In this episode, you will learn:
- How the most well-intended software can be oppressive
- What modern things initially made for accessibility reasons actually benefit everyone
- Tips teams can do to make sure they’re building products accessible to all backgrounds
- The challenge with doing accessibility later when building your product
- How a micro-retirement can be beneficial to a career
- Who Michael and Liz have a shared love for in the Twin Cities community
- How Amplify is lifting up entrepreneurs changing the world for good
- Why the federal government is the creme de la creme of impact work
This episode is brought to you by The Jed Mahonis Group, where we build custom websites, apps, dashboards, and APIs to help businesses seamlessly move and organize information for people, processes, and data. Learn more at https://jmg.mn.
Recorded December 9, 2022 | Edited by Jordan Daoust | Produced by Jenny Karkowski | Hosted by Michael Roth
Liz Tupper on LinkedIn | https://www.linkedin.com/in/elizabethtupper/
Email Liz at email@example.com
CivicActions website | https://civicactions.com/
Amplify website | https://www.amplify100.com/
Mobile Developer Shorts newsletter | https://www.linkedin.com/newsletters/6998359398859374592/
Michael Roth on LinkedIn | https://www.linkedin.com/in/michael-roth-508772183/
Follow The Jed Mahonis Group on LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/company/the-jed-mahonis-group