127: Offshore vs Onshore: A Tale of Two Development Approaches with Mike Franz of inSuppliPublished December 20, 2022
Run time: 00:47:42
After working with three different overseas development teams to build out the software behind his company, Mike Franz took a different approach for the development of his company’s mobile app.
Mike dives into why his experience makes him a proponent for non-technical individuals to work with local tech teams over offshore development agencies and gives advice to startup founders facing development challenges.
In this episode, you will learn:
- How to gather user feedback before having a usable product
- Why your developers should be pushing back at least a little
- How a scope of work can get out of hand
- Whether offshore development is actually cheaper than onshore development
- Simple ideas for sourcing feedback
- Suggestions for startups facing development challenges
This episode is brought to you by The Jed Mahonis Group, where we make sense of mobile app development with our non-technical approach to building custom mobile software solutions. Learn more at https://jmg.mn.
Recorded November 15, 2022 | Edited by Jordan Daoust | Produced by Jenny Karkowski | Hosted by Michael Roth
22 Questions to Ask a Development Team guide | https://jmg.mn/resources
inSuppli website | https://insuppli.com
Manufacturing Power website | https://manufacturingpower.com
Mike Franz on LinkedIn | https://www.linkedin.com/in/mikefranz1/
Michael Roth on LinkedIn | https://www.linkedin.com/in/michael-roth-508772183/
Follow The Jed Mahonis Group on LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/company/the-jed-mahonis-group