112: Landing Your First Job as a Developer with William Bushee of MarketBeatPublished April 12, 2022
Run time: 00:57:23
The tech job market is booming, but the fundamentals of getting hired haven’t changed all that much.
William Bushee wrote the book for how to land that first job as a developer (literally, it’s called “Wired For Coding: How to Stand Out from the Crowd and Land Your First Job as a Developer.”) Will joins Tim on the show to talk about the challenges of today’s job market for both the employer and the job seeker and explains how to bridge the gap to be a win on both sides.
In this episode, you will learn:
- What’s changed in the job market from today to a few years ago
- How coding challenges in the hiring process make developers feel
- The perspectives of the next generation of developers compared to previous generations
- Best practices for developers landing their first job
- The long play strategy of networking
- How there’s only one person who can get away with saying “I’m not good at tech”
This episode is brought to you by The Jed Mahonis Group, where we make sense of mobile app development with our non-technical approach to building custom mobile software solutions. Learn more at https://jmg.mn.
Recorded February 3, 2022 | Edited by Jordan Daoust | Produced by Jenny Karkowski
MarketBeat’s website | https://www.marketbeat.com/
JMG Business Development Representative job posting | https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2990387002/
Chat with The Jed Mahonis Group | https://jmg.mn
Rate and review the show on Apple Podcasts | https://constantvariables.co/review